June 12, 2009

Halibut with Orange Sauce

I hadn't intended to blog this tonight. It was meant to just be an experiment, so I didn't pay much attention to plating. However, after the first bite just melted in my mouth, I knew I couldn't wait!

This recipe comes from the "Just for the Halibut" cookbook by Nanci A. Morris.

Ingredients

1/2 c orange juice
2 green onions, chopped
1 T lemon juice
1 T oil
1/4 t ground ginger
1/8 t salt
1 1/2 lbs halibut chunks
2 T oil
seasoned flour (flour, salt, pepper)

Combine first six ingredients. Marinate the halibut in this for 30 minutes. Gently coat the halibut in the seasoned flour. Saute in 2 T oil until cooked, approximately 10 minutes per inch of thickness. Remove halibut and keep warm. Add the marinade to the skillet and simmer until liquid is reduced by half. Pour over the halibut and serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment