June 15, 2010

Garlic-Rosemary Chicken

I used to be afraid of whole chickens.

Now, I am not.  Now, I am a believer in the amazing deliciousness and cost effectiveness of whole chickens.  If you use the carcass for stock, as I do, it's way cheaper than buying breasts or whatever.  Sometimes I'll butcher the chicken and sometimes, like this one, I will roast it whole.  The Husband is quite partial to a roasted chicken!  It's super easy, too!

Ingredients

1 chicken
4-6 T melted butter
1-2 cloves garlic, minced
2 t rosemary

Preheat oven to 425.

Clean out the chicken under cool water.  Remove any remaining giblets and pat dry.  Place on a roasting rack.

Mix melted butter, garlic, and rosemary.

Rub the butter mixture all over the chicken - rub some inside it, too!

Bake for approximately 1 hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment