April 7, 2012

Kodiak Food

I know things have been slow lately.  The new job has been eating most of my time and we leave for Kodiak in less than two weeks so prepping for that has been taking the rest of my time!  I am trying to get a few posts scheduled for while we're gone, but in the meantime, here's a snapshot of the kitchen overload I've been engaging in over the past week as I prepped and dehydrated two weeks worth of food!  We're taking a pair of extra MREs and a pair of extra Mountain House meals, but those are all in case of weather delays.  Everything for the planned time I did myself.

On our trip we'll be feasting on chili, beef stew, stir fry, burrito bowls, beef burgundy, and spaghetti for dinners.  Desserts will be pudding, strawberry or chocolate cheesecake, pumpkin and apple pies, and strawberry shortcake.  Breakfasts alternate between oatmeal and chocolate chip pancakes.  Lunches are simple PBJs on crackers or tortillas.  For snacks we have beef jerky and fruit leather, plus I plan on making a batch of trail bread before we hit the road.  Exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment