September 28, 2009

Salmon Sandwich

When the Husband came home, he told me that on the flight into Anchorage, a tourist had asked where he should go to eat first. After several minutes of debate, everyone in the plane was in agreement - he ought to go to Glacier Brewhouse and have the salmon BLT. It was then my sad duty to inform the Husband that the Brewhouse stopped carrying the salmon BTL. WTF. That's what I said the last time I was there and tried to order it. I think I almost cried.

However, when New Sagaya got some late silvers in, we decided to try and make our own version. Here it is!

Ingredients
salmon fillets, cut into sandwich-sized portions
salt
pepper
bacon
tomato
baby spinach
pesto
kaiser rolls

Remove the skin and pin-bones from the fillet. Gently rub the fish with the salt and pepper and set aside. Sautee the bacon until crispy; remove from pan and drain. Return the pan to heat - once it is hot, add the salmon. Sear 2-3 minutes on each side, or until light pink.

Meanwhile, toast the kaiser rolls and spread with pesto. Top with bacon, spinach, tomato and, of course, salmon!

No comments:

Post a Comment