February 13, 2010

On Chicken Goop and other things to eat when you are sick...

When you're sick, the last thing you want to be doing is cooking. And when you're alone and sick, food is just not going to happen if you don't do it! Since I've spend the weekend in this position, I thought I'd post some of the staples that I must have in the house in the event of a sudden illness. No pictures today, because that is also not high on my list of things to do when I cannot leave the bathroom for more than five minutes at a time.

1) Sparkling jello

This is great to have around. The only downside is how long it takes to set, but it's definitely worth it. All you need is a package of your favorite jello and some ginger ale. Boil the water as directed on the package and stir in the jello mix. DO NOT ADD COLD WATER. Instead, refrigerate for 10 minutes, then instead of cold water, add the same amount of cold ginger ale. Refrigerate until set.

2) Chicken Goop

Once I've gotten past the jello stage, I need some real calories - but nothing too hard on my stomach. Chicken Goop is where it's at. All you need is a package of Uncle Ben's 90-second Roasted Chicken Rice and a can of Campbell's Soup at Hand Creamy Chicken. Microwave both according to the directions on the package and stir together in a bowl. The only downside is that you may have to defend this meal rather vigorously against a feline companion.

No comments:

Post a Comment