March 26, 2010

Candied Mango

I've been on a bit of a mango kick ever since Guam. Unfortunately, it's hard to get good mangoes up here. I bought a not-so-good one though, and have been playing around with it. I mentioned in my Proa review that we had a fantastic candied pineapple in Guam. So I figured I'd try something similar with my mango. The result isn't perfect, but is tasty!

Ingredients

1/2 mango, sliced evenly
1/4 c brown sugar
2 T butter

Preheat oven to 350. Layer the mango in a pan with the brown sugar. Dot with butter and bake for 45 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. yo, my grandparents have a mango tree in their backyard (that and it sells really cheap down here). If you ever need any mangoes, tell me, and I'll gladly mail some. I (well..my dad) gets awesome FedEx discounts :)

    ReplyDelete