May 13, 2011

Easy Greek Chicken

Last week was Appreciation Week at work.  We were quite well appreciated, particularly in the culinary department.  This was Tuesday's lunch and it was so good I just had to try my hand at it!  The chicken comes out deliciously juicy, and it's a great way to eat a lot of veggies!  Unfortunately, The Husband tossed out my recipe card, so I don't have all the exact measurements.  I'll have to see if I can get another copy!

Ingredients

1/4 c olive oil
3 T lemon juice
salt
pepper
oregano
garlic powder
onion powder
2 chicken breasts
2 peppers, cut into squares
1 onion, cut into slices
1/2 c yogurt
1/4 c sour cream
1/2 c chopped cucumber
1 T lemon juice
garlic powder
salt
pepper

Mix the first 7 ingredients together.  Add the chicken and marinade overnight.  Mix the yogurt, sour cream, cucumber, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper together and refrigerate.

Soak skewers in water.  Cut chicken into pieces and alternate on skewer with peppers and onions.  Grill until done.  I cooked them on my traeger at medium for about 30-40 minutes.  Serve with sauce for dipping.

No comments:

Post a Comment